MCU Series Frequently Asked Questions
AD-1 Update Failed
- Please note that the AD-1 can only be updated using a Windows 7 computer.
- Using Windows 10 will cause the unit to not be recognized by the MCU.
- Using Windows 7 compatibility mode on Windows 10 will not resolve this issue.
- The MCU main unit is not affected by this issue.
Camera Won't Connect
- First, check Panasonic, Sony, or JVC MCU product page for the latest compatibility list for your camera, located on the Description tab.
- Second, check your MCU model's firmware to make sure the unit is up to date.
- While verifying the firmware, when you successfully read each AD-1's firmware version, you likely have a good network cable.
- Third, check the hardware version of each AD-1. There will be a small white sticker on the unit with a letter followed by three numbers.
- If the version is G or earlier, you may need to boot the camera first, followed by the MCU
- If the version is H or later, you can boot in any order, and the compatibility issue is likely firmware related.
RJ45 Pin Layouts
Max Cable Length
- What is the max length of the Ethernet cable for connecting the MCU to each AD-1?
- Connection Distance Up to 300m (CAT-5 or CAT6)
- A recent test confirmed that it should work at lengths up to 1000m
- The RS-422 baud rate between the MCU-100/200 and AD-1 is 125 kbps
- The MCU only supports a RS-422 serial protocol and not an Ethernet/IP one
Downloading Firmware Updates
- Please e-mail email@example.com with your camera model and we will send the latest firmware version that best supports your cameras, and then follow the steps in our MCU Series Firmware Update Guide.
Camera Model Troubleshooting
Q: My MCU-100/MCU-200 is able to control all functions except for my Panasonic camera's iris. What am I doing wrong?
A: Make sure your Panasonic camera’s iris control on the lens is set to “auto” as this will enable iris control from the MCU-100/MCU-200.
PMW-300K1 Won't Connect?
Before connection, go to Menu Others RM/USB A Sel set to Remote
PMW-350 Won't Record via MCU Controls?
Before connection, go to Menu Camera Config RM Rec Start and set to RM or PARA
(See p.122 of the manual)