My NVD-20/25 is not prompting me to update my unit, even though a new version is available. What can I do to fix it?
Please note that the NVD-30/35 have update notifications built into the web interface.
When an update is available, you will see a notification along the top of the browser page.
Here are a few things you can do:
- The NVD must be left powered on and connected to the internet for a few minutes to check for updates in the background
- When booting, the device will use the monitor's preferred resolution and not the resolution that is set on the NVD Web UI
- The NVD must be connected to a monitor for you to see the message. Most switchers won't supply the correct preferred resolution to HDMI sources
- Updates will not download when a static IP was set due to DNS not working
The NVD must be on DHCP to update
- If you are on a network with an IT administrator and firewall, you likely need for them to open a port to allow the NVD-20 to connect to the internet. Please contact them for support with this
- Open TCP ports 80 and 22 for the update server
- If using a proxy server, also open port 873
- The unit must also have a valid IP, gateway and DNS server
- You can also try to resolve the servers address from using the same connection
- Open Windows' Command Prompt and enter the following command:
Currently this resolves to 184.108.40.206